Bikes, Trains and Automobiles
As a one-way ride, good transportation planning to get back home is essential after riding 109 miles or 45 miles. Here are your options:
We will charter three buses to transport up to 150 people from Sacramento to Oakland. Bikes belonging to riders taking the buses will be transported by rented box trucks, very carefully loaded, and unloaded by trained volunteers. These same buses will provide transportation in the morning from Oakland to the starting line’s for the 45-mile ride in Vacaville.
Bus Ticket Options:
- 45-Mile One-Way Ride to Vacaville Start: 45-mile riders will board the bus at Oakland Tech at 7:30AM and be driven to the starting point in Vacaville. (Cost: $20)
- Return trip from Sacramento to Tech open to any rider. Buses will depart no later than 5:00PM. (Cost: $30)
How to Buy Tickets
On the Registration page, in addition to the ride registration selection, you will see on the lower half of the page the transportation choices.
- Please order only one ticket by entering the number ‘1’ into the appropriate box for the transportation choice you would like to order. (If you have other riders in your family please order their transportation when they register. This will allow us to match a bus ticket to a specific rider.)
- Make the ride length and T-shirt choices at the bottom and click continue to finish the order.
Instructions for purchasing bus tickets or products once you have already registered:
- It's best to first login to your rider account. (important for purchasing transportation since it ties your bus ticket to your account and auto fills the order page)
- Then click on the Products link in the main menu column to the left.
- Please order only one ticket by entering the number ‘1’ into the appropriate box for the transportation choice you would like to order. (If you have other registered riders in your family please login to each separate registered account and order their ticket. This will allow us to match a bus ticket to a specific rider.)
Capitol Corridor Train
Folks doing the 65-mile course should plan to take the Capitol Corridor train from Emeryville to Suisun-Fairfield to start that course. You will need to purchase tickets for yourself and make sure to bring a photo ID. More details to follow.
It also is possible to arrange your own transportation home on the Capitol Corridor train from Sacramento. If you choose to take the train home, we strongly recommend purchasing a ticket on the train that departs Sacramento at 5:40 PM. Capitol Corridor will configure a special car for us on that train, which can accommodate up to 50 riders and their bikes.